Tuesday, May 21, 2013

CorDerm Vitamin Nourishing Serum with Vitamin C & E - My New Favorite Facial Serum




Before I begin, let me give you a background of my skin type:
  • Very sensitive with Atopic dermatitis (Skin asthma)
  • Acne-prone
  • Uneven skin tone
  • Combination to oily (Depends on the weather/ temperature)
Here's a photo of my facial skin before I used the serum:



So finding a facial moisturizer that will agree with my skin type is quite tricky. I tried different brands, even name brands such as Cetaphil, Neutrogena, Kiehl's, but I always ended up breaking out. Plus, I have skin asthma, so I tend to get rashes if the skin product has harsh ingredients that don't agree with my skin. But as we all have read or heard, even people with combination to oily skin need a facial moisturizer since soaps, toners and other facial products that we use can strip our skin of its natural oils, which can make us prone to skin infections such as bacterial and fungal infections.

Good thing, my dermatologist introduced me to her own brand of anti-oxidant and nourishing serum. Take note, it's a serum. She told me that serums are ideal for people who tend to get oily and clogged pores since unlike creams and lotions, serums don't have a lot of sticky substances that stay on your skin and make you break out. So this is ideal for me. Plus, it's an anti-oxidant with Vitamin C, which also doubles as a skin brightener/ lightener.

Fast forward to 5 months after using the serum, here's a photo of my facial skin:


My friends said that my skin is glowing, plus I noticed some of the blotchiness of my face have decreased. And another good thing is, I don't break out as much. My dermatologist said that it's because the anti-oxidant content of the serum also helped in renewing my skin so aside from evening out my skin tone, there's less clogging of my pores. 

My verdict: CorDerm Vitamin Nourishing  Serum with Vitamin C & E is a great moisturizing and skin brightening serum for acne-prone, sensitive, combination to oily skin with uneven skin tone. Highly recommended! 



5 comments:

  1. Hi! I just discovered your blog and I love it! I also have skin asthma. What face was do you use?? Thanking you in advance for your response.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I use Free and Clear Facial Cleanser. It's unscented and non-drying, so very appropriate for skin asthma people like us. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. how much did this cost? it looks promising! :)

    ReplyDelete