Thursday, May 2, 2013

My Brother's Acne Scar Treatment



Acne scars can be very disfiguring and embarrassing. My brother suffered from it, but not anymore. So many people have asked me how my brother's acne scars were treated.

Before I give you a rundown on his treatment process, here is his before treatment photo:


Well, it doesn't look good, huh? He went to several dermatologists and wasn't happy with the results, so he asked me if I can refer him to my dermatologist, so I accompanied him to her clinic. My dermatologist told him that since his scars were deep and his pores were quite big, he needs a series of treatments. First, he would undergo series of Subcision (using a special needle to release the deep scars from being tethered underneath the skin) and CROSS technique (using a chemical peel to increase skin repair in deep scars). Then he would undergo series of fractional laser resurfacing then fractional needling. It took almost a year before he finished all those treatments, but it was all worth it. 

Check out his after treatment photo:



Well, everyone who hasn't seen him for at least a year was surprised at how much better his skin looked compared to before. But it wasn't really easy. There were times when he got depressed because of the downtime that he had to experience right after the procedures. So the whole process is not for the faint of heart. But as they say, "No pain, no gain." It's not easy, but it's all worth it. :)

My dermatologist's contact details:
  Dr. Margaret Corcoran
  CorDerm Advanced Dermatology and Laser Center
  Suite 1502 Medical Plaza Makati
  Amorsolo corner dela Rosa, Makati City
  Phone: 8088140


13 comments:

  1. did he already undergo the laser resurfacing and fractional needling in the after pic? how many sessions of subcision and tca cross was required by the dermatologist?


    I've been reading reviews about Corderm. And all of the bloggers have positive feedbacks. Im planning to go to Corderm too since the bloggers find the treatments effective. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi,
      Yes, my brother already underwent fractional laser resurfacing and fractional needling after the last photo. He had 4 sessions of subcision and CROSS.
      I'm glad that you're thinking of going to CorDerm. You can try it out and see if the treatments will work for you. :)

      Delete
  2. hi! would you be able to provide an estimate of the cost for your brother's entire treatment?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Total was around PhP50,000 I think, though I don't know the exact amount. You can go to her clinic to inquire, free naman ang consultation.

      Delete
  3. I hope I can try this out. I have to save money first to be able to invest. How much do you think it would cost per month? Or do I have to pay in one go?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Payment was every session of the treatment. It's only once a month so you have time to save up for the next month's treatment.

      Delete
  4. Hi. I would like to ask how old were his acne scars when he had the first session of subcision and cross? :) Dra. Corcoran assessed my skin and I will have 4 sessions too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. His acne scars were from more than 1 year, maybe 2-3 years.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  5. Hi. I would like to ask how long was the downtime for each procedure that your brother underwent? I'm planning to avail subcision and cross as well but I'm afraid it may take a week to heal for each procedure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember that the downtime was around a week. It does take time to heal.

      Delete
  6. Hi. How much that treatment costs?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Treatment I think is 10,000 pesos per session. It's done every month. I'm not so sure about the exact cost. I advise that you go to her clinic to inquire. Consultation is free.

      Delete