Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Sunblock for Oily Skin? CorDerm Matte Finish Sunblock SPF 45 is the Best!



Summer time, beach trysts, out-of-town vacays.... It's fun to go out and enjoy your vacation with family and friends. But it's no fun if you hide from the sun because you haven't worn your sun protection. And it's doubly distressing if you wear sunblocks that make your skin so oily and ugly... I've been on the lookout for the best sunblock even before summer started and my dermatologist suggested CorDerm Matte Finish Sunblock SPF 45. This reminds me of Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse Foundation because of its consistency, texture and coverage, but the better part of this is that the CorDerm sunblock is a broad spectrum sun protection. So what is broad spectrum sunblock? My dermatologist explained to me that the harmful UV rays of the sun have both UVA and UVB components that damage the surface and deep parts of the skin. The traditional sunblocks block either UVA or UVB, but broad spectrum sunblocks protect you from both the UVA and UVB. And the good thing is it doesn't make your skin oily. Plus it doubles as your foundation and concealer since it hides your skin imperfections because it's tinted. And it stays on the whole day; no need for touch ups. I don't have to wear layers of creams, lotions, makeups... I just wear CorDerm Matte sunblock and a little powder and I'm good to go. Saves me time to primp up in the morning before work. Yay! :)

My verdict: Great sunblock for oily and combination skin. I will definitely buy another one from my dermatologist when my current tube runs out. Highly recommended!


2 comments:

  1. How much is this? And does it give your face a white case?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's PhP 800. It doesn't make your face white. It's tinted and the color blends with your skintone.
    Btw, my derma's clinic sells this online through FB and sulit.com. Delivery is free within Metro Manila.

    ReplyDelete