Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Hooray for Carboxytherapy!



Like most people, I underwent several treatments for any issues with my skin. One of them was for my stretch marks. No, I didn't get it through childbirth since I don't have kids yet. ;) I got them because I was a chubby kid when I was younger. Then when I hit my teens, I got so self-conscious and did everything to lose weight. So I ended up slimmer, but got the ugly stretch marks. Eeewww!

So I went to a dermatologist who gave me creams and lotions. Tried it for months, but didn't really help. She gave me another one and promised to give positive results, but no results again. So I ended up going to several dermatologists who didn't deliver good results. Luckily, I found the best dermatologist for me. She did carboxytherapy on my stretch marks for 5 sessions. It's not a walk in the park though. I had to go to her clinic every 2 weeks for treatments.

If you're trying to find a good dermatologist who is at the same time very nice and accommodating, you can see my dermatologist, Dr. Margaret Corcoran. Her clinic is in Medical Plaza Makati (Phone: 8088140). 


13 comments:

  1. Hi! How much is the whole package for carboxy (5 sessions? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Each session is PhP 3,500. I got mine for the promo of 50% off at that time. CorDerm does have promos every now and then. You can go to their FB page at CorDermSkinClinic and you can get updates on current promos. Hope this helps. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! Will check it out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nun tinake mo un after photo nakailan session ka na nun?

    ReplyDelete
  5. The photo was taken after 5 sessions of carboxytherapy though it was not immediately after the 5th session, around 2 wks pa after the 5th session.

    ReplyDelete
  6. One of my relatives have the same skin problem. Did your dermatologist tell you that your stretchmarks won't come back ever again? Or do you need touch-ups?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My derma said that the results are permanent, unless I gain weight again or get pregnant, in those cases, I can have stretch marks again. I didn't do touch ups anymore.

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Yes it does hurt, but once the treatment was done, the pain subsided.

      Delete
  8. Per body area po ba yung sessions?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi. I’m not sure if you’re gonna read this but I also went to Dr Corcoran for stretch marks treatment. She did fractional laser to me and I finished my 4th session. Sadly I feel like there’s no improvement on my stretchmarks. What do you think should O do? My stretchmarks are behind my legs so I’m very shy about it. I always wear pants

    ReplyDelete
  10. Have you had any improvements so far?

    ReplyDelete