Tuesday, August 20, 2013

My Keratosis Pilaris (Chicken Skin) Treatment


I've been a long-time sufferer of keratosis pilaris (KP) or commonly known as "chicken skin." It's quite ugly since it made me very conscious of my arms especially when I wear sleeveless or even short-sleeved tops. I tried all sorts of lotions and creams, but even though the bumps get smaller, they wouldn't go away. Here was a photo of my arm with the KP:


So I asked my dermatologist what treatment I can undergo so the KP will go away. She recommended nanotechnology peel with special components that will be suited for my very sensitive skin and at the same time slough off the excess skin that causes the bumps in my KP.

Like the other nanotechnology peels that I had before, there was no discomfort when I had the peel. There was no itchiness nor embarrassing stage of too much exfoliation days after the peel. I had 4 sessions of the peel every 2 weeks. My dermatologist also gave me Skin Perfecting Lotion as take home medicine. A week after the 4th session, this is a photo of my arm:


My dermatologist advised that to prevent recurrence of the keratosis pilaris, I should maintain on moisturizing soap, colloidal moisturizing lotion and Platinum SF700 capsules (my current glutathione capsules), and try to drink at least 8 glasses of water and refrain from drinking alcohol (since alcohol dries the skin which can worsen skin asthma and KP). I'm faithfully following her instructions and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that my arms will continue to be this smooth. 

My verdict: Nanotechnology peel is an effective treatment for keratosis pilaris. Highly recommended!

8 comments:

  1. Hello. Unfortunately, yours truly had the same trouble. Since my childhood I'm trying to get rid of this mess, how beautiful you :(. I would be glad if you help me. I am writing to you from Unfortunately, doctors in Turkey do not care about the inconvenience. Platinum sf700 capsules What? Is this a side effect? Is weight do? How long did you useI would be glad if you give more details. Now, thank you. 18 years old. Do you mind if I use a capsule that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should have the treatment first like Nanotechnology peel before you take the Platinum SF700 since the capsules will just prevent recurrence of keratosis pillars but won't treat it. I'm taking the Platinum SF700 regularly for 2 years now. There are no side effects with the capsules.

      Delete
  2. May i know who is your derma? Im a KP sufferer too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi where are you from? How is your keratosis pilaris now? I have really bad keratosis pilaris too and I really want to do treatment to make it better :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Also me have like that skin rashes like chicken skin it's my biggest problem what to do??

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi i just want to ask if glutathione can be cure of keratosis pilaris?

    ReplyDelete