Wednesday, February 17, 2016

My Underarm Lightening Treatment

Ok, this is quite embarrassing... but I had to share this. I have some friends and office mates that have been egging me to share the story of my underarm lightening treatment so here it is...

I have had a lot of treatments for my dark underarms from different types of creams/soaps/lotions to peeling and lasers, and they haven't done much. Sure, there was some bit of lightening but not too significant that I almost gave up. Good thing that my dermatologist, Dr. Margaret Corcoran had the latest laser for skin lightening - LaseRenu by Lasemd of Lutronic. She explained to me that it's a breakthrough laser for skin lightening and skin smoothing, and at the same time, nanotechnology treatment through the use of a nanotechnology serum that comes with the treatment. I just had to give it a go since it was pretty convincing how she explained it to. However, I still had doubts but I just needed to prove it myself. Here is a photo of my left underarm before LaseRenu:


It really was not a pretty sight. With my lighter skin tone, the dark pigmentation always stood out. And I was always embarrassed with wearing sleeveless shirts/dresses. 

I was amazed at the results after 1 session, so I had to continue on since Dr. Corcoran mentioned that for the amount of pigmentation that I had, I will most likely need 5 sessions. So I did 4 more sessions, each session at a 2-week interval. 1 month after my 5th session, this was how my left underarm looked:


I also noticed that my underarm's "chicken skin" smoothened out, which was a great added benefit of the LaseRenu treatment. It is a very good treatment with very minimal downtime; I only had light pinkish underarms for 1 day and rough texture of my underarms for 3 days. During the treatment, it was not painful at all, just a sensation of slight warmth with slight tingling sensation. I think it's worth every peso; even though it's not cheap, it does work. Like what they say, "You get what you pay for."

By the way, my dermatologist also said that LaseRenu is not just for the underarms, it can be used for any body part, even the face. I may have one treatment for my dark elbows next time, i.e. once I save up more money for it. LOL! ;)

My verdict: LaseRenu by Lasemd  of Lutronic is very effective underarm lightening treatment. Highly recommended!

4 comments: